Our staff knows just where to go!
When you're looking to relax and unwind just like a local, you can do so with ease at the Topaz Hotel. Our staff has highlighted their favorite spots in the city to eat, drink, stay well, get retail therapy, play and see one of a kind attractions and monuments. Enjoy and we'll see you in D.C.!
Latanya Walker - Local for 27 years
Guest Service Agent
- Lauriol Plaza - An entire page of traditional Latin American favorites paired with D.C.s best margaritas! Lauriol Plaza is a sure winner!
- Founding Farmers - Their farm to table cuisine is unique and delicious with some of the most inventive drinks made by their mixologists.
Rick Lewis - Local for 40 years
Bar and Lounge Supervisor
- Churchkey - With over five hundred and fifty five beers to select, you are to find a beer that you love.
- Topaz Bar and Lounge - A newly revamped bar and lounge that serves a Moroccan cuisine and specialty cocktails inspired by our mixologists.
- Mornings with Marathon Mark. Run with Bellman Mark on a guided route to the Washington Monument and back every Wednesday at 7am.
- Relax and Rejuvenate - Experience superior quality in-room massages, facials, hand and foot care to de-stress from all day travel and business meetings.
Laren Hill - Local for 4 year
- The Shops at Georgetown Park - One of my favorite places to shop when I'm looking for something very specific is definitely the Georgetown shops.
- Nana - Check Nana out for vintage women's clothing and accessories that are unique and handmade.
Donte Johnson - local for 32 years
- Washington Photo Safari - A professional photographer takes you around the monuments of Washington DC while giving you tips on composition, lighting, and exposure.
- Bike and Roll - This tour gives you the option of a full guided tour by bicycle or simply to rent a bike and tour the monuments on your own.
Kenneth Rubenstein - Local for 24 years
Guest Service Agent
- Newsuem - D.C.'s most interactive museum that blends five centuries of news history and hands on exhibits.
- Martin Luther King Memorial - A true testament to black history, this memorial paying tribute to Martin Luther King Jr. overlooks the Potomac.
For more information about any of these suggestions and additional favorites, contact Topaz Hotel's Guest Service team at (202) 393-3000