Washington, DC “Green” Hotel - Eco Friendly and Intriguingly Cool
The Topaz Hotel is a progressive, eco-friendly “green” hotel in downtown Washington, DC. Our innovative eco-friendly practices help support a sustainable healthy planet. We only use high-quality, non-intrusive, environmentally-friendly products and services at our Washington, DC hotel. Serving you green is all part of our positive karma good energy!
Through the pioneering Kimpton Hotels' EarthCare program, our “green” hotel delivers a refreshing, healthy hotel atmosphere while promoting a sustainable planet. Our stylish Washington, DC hotel features environmentally friendly products and eco-conscious services that enhance our funky style and soothing comfort that is the essence of our intriguing hotel.
Topaz Hotel Washington, DC - Great Green Practices
- Our extensive recycling program helps recycle 60% of our waste
- Our linen and towel re-use program reduces laundry detergent and water usage by 25%
- We only use environmentally safe and non-toxic cleaning agents, which means we don't use bleach and ammonia-based products
- All coffee we serve in the lobby is organic, shade-grown and/or fair trade; we buy milk by the gallon to reduce waste from packaging; mugs and teaspoons are used; and napkins are made from recycled paper
- All hotel materials and paper are printed with soy-based inks on 100% recycled paper, and office paper is printed on both sides and then recycled
- We only use energy efficient light bulbs throughout the hotel
- We installed energy efficient air conditioning and in-room mini bars [Top]
A Green Hotel Grows in Washington, DC.
At the Topaz Hotel we are strive to create and implement innovative ways to expand our eco-aware efforts, like installing motion sensors, water filtration systems and air filtration/purifiers, and developing donation programs to recycle furniture and equipment no longer needed at the hotel. Every day, we are committed to growing greener and more eco-friendly. Learn more about Kimpton Hotels' Earthcare program and our assurance of corporate and social responsibility. [Top]
Invite Planet Earth to Your Next Washington, DC Meetings.
Our EarthCare package adds another dimension to doing "good business," by infusing meetings with recycled paper products, delicious natural food and helpful conservation tips. A portion of the proceeds is donated directly to the Trust for Public Land.
- Guests are welcomed by enchanting sounds of nature and verdant displays of plants or flowers
- The aroma of organic, fair-trade coffee wakes up the meeting room
- Agendas are printed on paper that can be planted to produce wildflowers
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are a medley of fresh, organic and locally grown ingredients, such as free-range meats, artisan cheeses, and garden fresh fruits and vegetables
- Take a break with an enlightening eco-quiz, "Zen-out" in a rock garden, or get energized by tossing the Earth beach ball.
- Wind down the meeting with flavorful organic wines and a variety of beers. [Top]