Insight on the rocks
As evening approaches, both music and lighting intensify into a burst of color and sound inviting Washingtonians to gather at the Topaz Bar
. Lined with floor-to-ceiling settees upholstered in sapphire velvet mohair, the Topaz Bar
offers creative cuisine. Signature cocktails such as Purity, Guru's Pleasure, Enlightenment and Mind Soother is served by waitresses in patent leather go-go boots. Liquid Lounge, Acid Jazz and Modern International Music plays throughout the day.
"Topaz is all chic and glitter..." Washington Times
"Not all bar food is created equal. Consider the small but clever menu at Topaz... Definitely not your typical D.C. watering hole." The Washington Post
- The Topaz Bar will be open for continental breakfast from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. daily.
- The menu offers an array of specialty plates perfect for sharing such as Shrimp and Pork Dumplings, Portobello Smoked Salmon Tart and the Mezza Plate of assorted salads. Entrees including Seared Scallops, Tartare of Tuna, Grilled Petite Filet Mignon and Tartare of Tuna and Avocado with Harissa and Jicima.
- Breakfast menu features pastries such as croissant, muffins, bagels, danish, a fresh fruit selection, granola with yogurt and fruit, sport/health/breakfast bars, smoothie of the day, cappuccino, café latte and espresso.
- Decadent desserts include a rich, Flourless Chocolate Cake, Brulee of Jasmine Tea served with a salad of strawberries in tossed orange flavored syrup with orange zest, Coconut Sorbet served with a gelee of lemongrass and assorted freshly baked cookies and sweets.
- Specialty Cocktails include Blue Nirvana - Champagne, Skyy Vodka and a touch of blueberry, chilled straight up. Oscar Wilde - Absente and sugar syrup shaken and served up, Topaz Kozmopolitan - Skyy Citrus, Cointreau, cranberry juice and lime served up.
- Cutting edge selection of wine by the glass.
- Café style breakfast served Monday-Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.; Sundays 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Takeaway coffee and breakfast items available.
- Evening bar menu from 5:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Full bar, wine list and cocktail service available from 5:00 p.m. until closing. "Last Call" is 11:30 p.m. Sunday-Wednesday, and 1:30 a.m. Thursday-Saturday evenings.
- Certain nights will be themed.
- Smoking is allowed - but no cigars.
- Located on historic N Street, NW in the nation's capital. Positioned two blocks from trendy Dupont Circle and one block from Connecticut Avenue in the downtown business district.
- Two blocks south of the Dupont Circle Metro station and two blocks north of Farragut North Metro Station.
- 1 mile to Union Station, 4 miles to Reagan National Airport, 30 miles to Dulles International Airport and 45 miles to Baltimore Washington International Airport.
1733 N Street NW
Washington, DC 20036